Photo via: fabdiy.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Finger Counting Sheet | Free Crafts @ Baker Ross – This project is a great way to get children involved in creating their own learning resources. Easy and fun to make, its an ideal classroom activity and makes for a very effective counting visual aid when its finished. It would also be a lovely family make if youve got children of different ages; each member of the family could create their own handprints, including mum and dad, then learn simple sums together
- While Lush Cosmetics may be a great company that uses all organic products and never tests on animals, they can be a bit pricy and usually come in very small quantities. So, if you have ever wanted some Lush products but didn’t want to spend too much money, you can make your own version of their ocean salt scrub by following this recipe!
- Our cats are our furry friends… our constant (and sometimes fickle) companions. Who wouldn’t want to spoil their favorite feline with some fun toys or yummy cat treats now and then? But instead of going to the store or ordering an expensive toy online, you can make some fun and frugal DIY cat toys right at home. And no, you don’t have to be super crafty. You’ll find lots of easy ideas here that you can do TODAY to have your cat playing in no time.
- Overlock stitch instead of serger – I had no idea! Did you know that most regular sewing machines have a special overlock stitch that mimics a sergers stitch? Its true! My Bernina has one, and so have the Pfaff and Brother machines Ive sewn on. Most people without a serger use pinking or zigzagging to finish their edges, sometimes without even knowing they have an overlock stitch on their sewing machines.
- A large 5 gallon bucket provides easy storage for flowers when working on large arrangements. www.mccoys.com
- Pipe Cleaner Counters | Free Crafts @ Baker Ross – When children are first learning how to count, it can be difficult for them to visualise what numbers actually mean. Pipe cleaner counters are easy to make and show each number by the amount of beads that have been threaded on children will have hours of fun playing with them and learning at the same time!
- Make Bath-Time More Fun Tutorial: All you need to create a bathtub wall that allows your children to use their, err, noodles while washing up are a few pool toys, funnels, and tape — just dont be surprised when your kids beg you to stay in the bath much longer.
- Make your own Blending Tool…. …and Save Money. Save yourself a fortune and make your own Blending tool. Do you like to use inks on your creations, maybe to make your own background papers or just to add a vintage look to the edges? And do you find that the blending tools available in the shops are rather expensive especially when you would like several of them?
- 30 things you can stop buying at Walmart that you can make at home…I am in need of Walmart rehab! Walmart has been my go-to source for my household and pantry needs. Not only do their superstores carry almost every product I need, but often times their prices cant be beat. I got to thinking, there has to be a better way than repetitively purchasing chemical laden products! Right?…
- Coral fleece vs Polar fleece: What is the difference between these two fabrics. Its interesting the learn what they have in common and how they can be very different. Great sewing tips to understand the properties of these two fabrics!
- Hydroponics for kids is a great way to involve them in how their food grows. This simple two liter bottle hydroponic experiment can be done in a weekend.
- I have long been on the hunt for the perfect church pew for our farmhouse. Our home is the headquarters for many family dinners and holidays so seating can often be at a premium. Church pews are great because they can fit a lot of people without sacrificing much needed floor space. We found this pew for sale on Craigslist at a local antique shop and were very excited by its size and craftsmanship. furniture makeover / hydrangeas and watering can